MANIMAHESH LAKE SNOW TREK -2013
Manimahesh Lake is situated at 27 Kms from Bharmour at the foot of Manimahesh Kailash. Lord Shiva is believed to reside on this snow-covered mountain. The lake and peak are considered sacred and a fair called as Manimahesh fair(Manimahesh Yatra) is held at the lake each and every year in the month of August and September; the yatra starts from Janamastmi to Radhastami each and every year. It is believed that on this occasion both Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati gets the bath in the Lake. For this holy moment lacks of peoples comes from the country and abroad to take holy bath in the Manimahesh Lake. Providing a rare occasion to see and study the customs and rituals of the local people. And the glorious view of Manimahesh Kailash touches the hearts of visitor in the morning and at the time of sun rising.Regarding Manimahesh Kailash it is said that no one has been able to climb to the peak. Local legends clarifying that people point out rock projections,human-like in appearance, and say that one is of a hermit, the other of a shepherd, frozen stiff during their futile effort to reach the top. Many holy places come in the way to Manimahesh, at the distance of 6 km from Hadsar, a Dhancho famous for water fall and after 5km from Dhancho Gourikund come. Gauri is another name of Parvati, the consort of Lord Shiva. A dip in this lake is considered sacred because it is believed that Parvati used to bath in this lake. About one kilometer ahead is the Shiva Kalotri spring-said to have its source in Lord Shiva's feet. After a short run reaches the Manimahesh Lake in this shallow circular lake gives it an enchanting appearance. A roofless temple, conspicuous with many iron trinkets, is seen on the opposite side. As per legends it is necessary to take bath in Brahmani’s pool before Manimahesh Lake. Anna Adventures & Tours always strive to provide comfortable trekking experience during their pilgrimage camping and trekking journey to Lord Shiva.
|HIGHLIGHTS OF TREK
||Gradual - Alpine
0 -10 Degree
||15 March - November
||10 Days / 9 Nights
PACKAGE - AAT -01(a) - (7Days / 6 Nights)
• Day – 1 Reception at Pathankot & drive to Dalhousie (80 Kms by Taxi)
• Day – 2 Dalhousie – Kalatop - Khajiyar – Bharmour(110 Kms by Taxi)
• Day – 3 Bharmour – Bharmani Mata Temple – Bharmour(6Km Trek)
• Day – 4 Bharmour – Hadsar – Dhancho(14 Kms by Taxi & 6Km Trek)
• Day – 5 Dhancho - Manimahesh Lake - Dhancho (14 Kms Trek)
• Day – 6 Dhancho – Hadsar – Bharmour (6Km Trek & 14 Kms by Taxi)
• Day – 7 Bharmour - Chamba – Pathankot (190 Kms by Taxi
Cost of Package AAT - 01/(a)
|| 1 Pax
|| 2 Pax
|| 4 Pax
|| 6 Pax
|| 8 Pax
|| 10 Pax
|| Extra Person
||For Bigger Group
|PACKAGE - AAT -01(b) - (6Days / 5 Nights)
• Day – 1 Reception & Welcome at Bharmour
• Day – 2 Bharmour – Bharmani Mata Temple – Bharmour(6Km Trek)
• Day – 3 Bharmour – Hadsar – Dhancho(14 Kms by Taxi & 6Km Trek)
• Day – 4 Dhancho - Manimahesh Lake - Dhancho (14 Kms Trek)
• Day – 5 Dhancho – Hadsar – Bharmour (6Km Trek & 14 Kms by Taxi)
• Day – 6 Departure from Bharmour after Breakfast.
Cost of Package AAT - 01/(b)
|| 2 Pax
|| 4 Pax
|| 6 Pax
|| 8 Pax
|| 10 Pax
||For Bigger Group
BEST SEASON:- You can get this package from 15 March to Novmber.
FACILITY OF PACKAGE:-
- Anna Adventures & tours will provide experienced tour Guides & Basic Instructor cum rescuer, Cook with supporting staff, Transportation by Taxi, Lodging in Hotels and Luxury tents for Outdoors, Pure vegetarian meal, sight seen and camping equipments etc.
- Introduction with basic techniques of Hiking, Trekking, Repelling, River crossing, Valley crossing etc with small training to the participants. Special training camps will be available but on extra charges with extra days.
- Introduction with basic surviving techniques for emergency.
- Introduction of Different Passes and treks of Bharmour & Holi valley.
- If the troop size is above 15 persons then one person /representative of group will be taken as free of cost and two persons /representatives will be free if group size is more than30+.
- Anna Adventures & Tours will provide a “Certificate of successfully completion of the Trek” to all participants.
ASSESORIES TO BRING FOR TREKKING:-
Anna Adventures & Tours are Bharmour based travelling agency so we provide comfortable journey to trekker. Camping equipment will include water proof tents, sleeping bag, mattresses, rucksack etc. It is advised that the participant should bring along the following equipment only other than wearing cloths.
- Heavy wind chit Jacket and should be water proof.
- Trekking suit & Cap
- Goggle / Sun Glasses (Most required Item)
- A pair of Warm shocks
- Trekking shoes.
- Umbrella / Light weight Raincoat
- Any Personal Item & personal medicines
PACKAGE COST INCLUDES:-
- Accommodation in Hotels on double sharing Basis as per Package Selected
- All Meals (Himachali, Indian, and Continental) like Bed Tea, Breakfast, Hot / Pack Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner refreshments & energetic during trek and meal on MAP basis during stay in hotel and during journey by taxi.
- Assistance upon arrival at Pathankot / Chakki Bank with traditional welcome.
- Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas of Himachal Pradesh.
- Trekking, Camping & Adventure activities Fees
- Transportation by Taxi (From reception to departure)
- English / Hindi Speaking Professional tour guide & Basic Instructor.
- Luxury water proof tents, sleeping bags, insulated mattresses, Rucksacks and camping equipments.
- Cook with supporting Kitchen Staff
- Porters / Ponies to carry camping materials only. If ponies or porters are required to visitors for personal luggage will be available on extra charges.
- All wildlife, trekking & camping fee.
- Driver allowance, toll charge, state govt. taxes
- Basic first aid kit carried by our tour guide.
- Separate Utility for Staff and trekking equipment
- Any fare before reception & after departure.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, and Internet services, Phone Calls etc.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Camera fee, soft or hard drinks, starters.
- Porter/ Ponies services for Travellers personal luggage.
- Temples, Monument & Museum Entrance Fees
RATE VALIDITY:- The above packages rates are valid for advance booking only and from April 2013 to November 2013.
Terms & Conditions Applied>>>